We are very excited to work with you to enhance your in-store experience. The next step is to connect our computers to your TV’s. This process should take about 10 minutes per screen. Each screen will use a Chromebit. Each Chromebit requires a power outlet and access to an HDMI outlet. Below are the step-by-step instructions to get your screens online and connected to the Budvue system.
Each Chromebit will be labeled to denote which screen it is (example: Menu 1, Menu 2, Ad 1, Ad 2, etc.) It is important to set up each Chromebit with the corresponding TV. This provides you with the control to bring your in-store vision to life. It also helps the Budvue support team troubleshoot if you have any issues.
Hardware Setup Guide
- Remove the Chromebit, the HDMI cable, and the power cord from the box.
- Connect the Chromebit to the HDMI cable. Then connect the Chromebit to the TV.
- Plug the power cord into an outlet, and into the Chromebit.
- Turn on the TV and ensure the input to HDMI.
Wi-Fi Setup Guide
- Open your keyboard packaging and remove the USB dongle. Plug the dongle into the Chromebit. Ensure the keyboard is on.
- Press the [q] key five times to reboot the Chromebit. This should cause the screen to go black, then a white screen with the Google Chrome logo.
- When you see the Google Chrome logo, tap [ctrl] + [alt] + [s] 5 times in a row. This should bring up a pink landscape with a white box that will ask you to sign in to your Wi-Fi network.
Please sign into your Wi-Fi, do not use a guest network, or the connection will expire.
- All that is left is to restart your Chromebit (there should be a restart button in the bottom left of the screen, if not, simply unplug your Chromebit from power for 15 seconds and plug it back in).
- If you have vertically orientated screens, and everything is showing as upside down, we can flip these screens the other way, once you connect the Chromebit to Wi-Fi.
- If you have any issues with your screens, or products showing up on the screen, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which location you are from, a brief summary of what is happening, and a few examples of the products that are the problem.
If you have any issues, please give us a call at (403) 277-5591 or drop us a line at email@example.com